View the French version of this job description : Ink database engineer FR 2017 For more than 15 years, MyScript® has earned recognition and acclaim as the core technology powering the industry’s most advanced handwriting recognition engines. MyScript handwriting recognition and digital ink management technology provides optimal, consistent results with any digital writing device. In addition to the industry most comprehensive and accurate text recognition technology, MyScript can recognize complex mathematical equations, geometric shapes, and music notation. By enabling a truly natural human machine interface, MyScript creates transformative opportunities for next-generation applications in the mobile, automotive, enterprise, education, and many other sectors. With nearly 100 languages supported and a truly international team, MyScript serves customers worldwide from its headquarters in Nantes, France, and regional offices located in Paris, USA, Japan and South Korea. With more than 350 millions of users worldwide, MyScript is strongly focused on innovation and high technology. At the CES 2017, MyScript won the “best application” award for Nebo, our note taking app.
Full Stack Data EngineerMyScript wishes to strengthen the management of its digital ink database. The database is composed of millions of handwriting samples we collected around the world or coming from our cloud activities. It is crucial our R&D team as well as our product teams can easily access and query these data. The complexity of both the current infrastructure and growth of volume lead MyScript to transition to a NoSQL implemented with MongoDB. Here is your responsibility scope:
- Finalizing and maintaining our production pipeline implemented with a MongoDB database
- Keeping inventorying data sources used (or needed) by our researchers, do triage and cleanup, before uploading them into the database
- Improving the existing infrastructure in close collaboration with the users
- Defining how the infrastructure should evolve based on upcoming projects (e.g. evolving the data model to make it compatible with new cloud needs)
- Graduated from college or engineering school in computer science, you are experienced in technical infrastructure management and in particular in databases management, both in information storage and access to these databases tools
- Ideally you have already been involved in major IT projects development including a significant component of data management, both in volume and performance
- Your technical curiosity and good interpersonal skills are driving your life and allow you to define the most appropriate solutions through a constant dialogue with demanding and highly qualified employees
- Dynamic and rigorous, fast and accurate, communicating and enthusiastic, you will be able to create the referral database within MyScript and bring all teams to use it and make it live
- You are fluent in English.